Monday, January 21, 2008

A Lost Soul

Wherfore this fraction of the mind?
I frantically gather about me
The shards of my Self, my Soul-
Oh, the depths I go to to find
My own Holy Grail, the key
To once more make my Soul whole!
But shrouded in the dark am I-
This dreaded amorphousness
I fight hard in vain to dispel.
Out of my profound despair I cry
For someone to grant me egress
From this dark, miserable hell.

Whence comest thou, dreadful chasm?
I forged castles to get lost in,
Till all that was left behind was
A mere spectre, a phantasm.
Spooky void, you sucked me within,
Tormenting me with my own flaws.
Doomed to regret those long years
Of stealing and living in shadows
That belonged to other souls.
I erred to escape my fears:
So am i condemned to chaos,
Cursed to pay this hefty toll.

No comments: